Monday, June 11, 2012

Friends, fitness and fun!

Happy Monday!  One work day closer to the weekend. I know you're not supposed to wish your days away but I really do love my weekends.  Especially when they go something like this most recent one.  I did some working out, some eating, some running, some shopping, some yoga-ing and some self-pampering.

Saturday morning started out with a hot hot session of Bikram Yoga.  For those of you who don't know what it is let me explain a bit.  Bikram is a 90 minute, 26 pose, 2 breathing exercises, 105 degree, 40% humidity yoga class.  It's intense and super rewarding. I hadn't been to a class in a while but it was just a hard and amazing as I remembered it being. To find a class near you click  here. You literally come out the class looking like someone shoved you in a pool. I went with my friend, it was her first time and she did awesome!  (sidebar: I wore eyeliner to class. Now hold on, before you roll your eyes at me let me tell you that I did it so I could review a waterproof eyeliner.  Look for that in an upcoming post). We spent the rest of the day visiting with another friend and we were able to paint our nails,  have some wine and bite into some ice cream cake without feeling too remorseful.

Sunday I woke up bright and early to beat the heat and get a run in. 7.5 miles readers.  I can't stop gushing over it because it's my longest distance to date :)  I was very generous to myself since the rest of the day included a pedicure at my favorite nail place, a face mask, 3 new lipsticks (more on this later), lots of fruit and a bubble bath. Bliss. :)

Here is my weekend in pictures:



Well that's all for me today.  What's your favorite thing to do on the weekends?

xo's
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment