Monday, June 18, 2012

Cat eye not black eyes....

Monday again! Time flies when you're incredibly busy.  I'm not complaining though :)

Here I am with the promised dedicated post: eyeliner! I am a big eyeliner fan.  It's one of my top 3 make-up must haves.  I just don't feel the same without it. Today I am going to share with you some eyeliner reviews. The good, the bad, the bargains, the splurge.  Then you can decide what works best for your needs.

Let's start.

Last weekend I shared with you that I went to Bikram yoga: aka sweat-central party.  I threw on some MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in 'On the Hunt' (true black), $18.50.

Woah Nelly! This is some serious stuff right here folks.  Not only did it come out unscathed from a 90 minute  yoga session in a room heated to 105 degrees, it survived a 6k run and a walk in the rain this weekend.  With that said it's not for the faint of heart.  The applicator is a felt tip but you have to be careful because a smudge in the wrong direction can have you with a mistake that might merit starting over.  Steady hand recommended for this one.  It's a really dark dark black.  It looks a bit, well... slick.  So if you're not into that this will not be the product for you.  I don't use it on a regular basis because the shiny slick look isn't something I want to wear everyday but if I'm doing a particularly dark eye and want the liner to stand out (or if I'm headed out for a night of dancing) I don't hesitate to turn to this. verdict: Thumbs up!
Here it is. Untouched by rigorous exercise.  
***********************
Next up another MAC product: Fluidline in Blacktrack. I am personally a big fan of this product and have been loyally buying it for years.  I use a liner brush to apply it.  My personal preference is the MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush, $19.50.  It's a smooth application and once it sets it stands up pretty well to a full day of wear (but it's most definitely not waterproof so if you're going to watch a tear jerker this might not be your best option).  You have to make sure you wash the brush to remove residue or else your application will start to look messy.  I have even used this as a base for a super heavy smokey eye with great success. You do have to make sure to close the pot or else the liner will dry out, crack and be useless. Verdict: thumbs up!
Great combo.
***********************
One more MAC liner (can you tell I'm a MAC lover?). MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder, $15.00.  The good: it's a soft pencil that glides on.  Good pigmentation. Great for the waterline and for smudging and blending. The bad: it's soft so it can get messy through the day. It's good for smudging so it does smears.  I don't recommend this if your after a precise defined look.  Verdict: for a cat eye, thumbs down.

Not great if you want to keep it defined.
***************
Now moving on to an incredibly affordable option, as in $1 affordable!  elf Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, $1!!!! I tried this on a whim and I didn't regret it.  It's super easy to apply and it stays on all day without feeling like I tattooed it on my eyelids.  It dries out pretty quick but for that price you can afford to go crazy and replace it every month!  I really recommend you pick one up at your nearest Target. 
Fabulous find!

You've seen this picture before. I'm wearing this eyeliner with no mascara so you can see how nice it goes on.
************************
Lastly, I want to share an eyeliner review from a great blog run by a California-based up and coming make-up artist: Maribel from Passion for Make-up.  She does amazing work so check out her looks, like them on facebook and read all the great product reviews! Last week they featured my post on  L’Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24 Mascara. I want to share with you her recommendation for another eyeliner option: Make Up Forever Pro Waterproof Eyeliner. It got the make-up artist seal of approval but if you want to hear more about it you will have to head over to her blog and find out more!

Planning on picking on any these up?  Have any must try options of your own? Let me know!

xo's,
-A








No comments:

Post a Comment