Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Catching up... 13 miles/cupcakes/dressing

I will commit. I will commit.

Ok. I'm back. Yet again.

The last month has been a whirlwind of trips and busy work schedule.  It's not an excuse I know.

Meanwhile. I ran my very first half marathon!  It was so exhilarating to cross that finish line and know that I just reached a goal I'd set for myself.
I had some shoe and alarm issues that faithful morning so I might be running another half this month. Might.

On an unrelated note and speaking of cupcakes (which I always am) has anyone out there tried Sprinkles cupcakes? How about sprinkles ice cream? You have to try the cupcake ice cream sundae. You have to!
I'd like to recommend Red Velvet. Do it.

And since this entry is so scattered I will add one more thing. A recipe. It's easy. It's delicious. You have to try it and let me know what you think.

Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
Juice from 4 limes
1 small avocado
1/3 cup cilantro (about)
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Take all these ingredients throw them into a food processor or blender. Ta da! This zesty dressing will go amazing with a simple or elaborate salad, drizzled over grilled chicken or even used to marinate some veggies or chicken. I made it twice in the last week and it's a win win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment